The GDM Megaron Hotel in Heraklion provides our valued guests with the privilege to enjoy during their stay stunning views of the old picturesque port with the historic Venetian castle in a deep blua Aegean Sea background, to visit the historic city of Heraklion with its renowned sights and museums, to taste our signature cuisine inspired by the traditional Cretan diet, or set out to explore the rest of the island of Zeus!
We provide our services with their impact on the environment always in mind:
• To reduce water consumption as much as possible.
• To reduce energy consumption of all kinds and promotion of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
• Implement a program for sorting waste and recyclable materials and minimize them whenever possible.
• Raising customer awareness about the environment.
• Collaboration with suppliers that comply with environmental protection rules.
• Establishing environmental objectives by preparing and implementing feasible action plans to prevent pollution and improve overall environmental performance.
• Adoption of specific standards and environmental audits in the operation of the departments.
• Continuous education and information of staff, associates and suppliers on the environment, to increase environmental awareness and effective implementation of pollution prevention measures.
• Use, as far as possible, natural materials and eliminate the use of products and activities that involve high environmental risks.
Lone Travellers Policy
One of the GDM Megaron major aims is to provide a safe and protected environment to all its guests; therefore, we offer a Lone Traveler’s Policy. This offers people who travel alone a chance to feel completely secure and relaxed whilst enjoying their stay with us.
This policy is available on request, (valid for both females & males).
- The front desk is manned 24 hours per day.
- Emergency Quick dial to reception available by dialling 9.
- When allocating rooms, we do not put persons travelling alone into an isolated area.
- Front office personnel will give an extra attention to these guests
- Offer an escort service from hotel to the car park, especially at night if requested.
- Never read out a female’s room number when checking in, just point to the room number on the registration card.
- Never give out a lone female’s name or room number
- Bedside lighting controls as standard in all rooms
Food Safety Management System
Corporate Social Responsibility
Environmental Management System
Quality Management System